Do I need inform the dentist ?

My dentist did at root canal but it didn’t solve the problem. So he referred me to to an endodontist who fixed it. He told me: “anytime you neet RCT come straight to me. No referral needed

Now there is another tooth giving me trouble. R maxillary cuspid. My dentist didn’t take an X-ray, looked at it and shaved off some of my lower corresponding tooth. Didn’t help

Then he went on a holiday , so I went to a new dentist who started my RCT and my tooth hurt a lot when drinking/eating hot meals.

My usual dentist (after his holiday) then finished RCT and placed a veneer, but then I started having a bitter taste coming from that tooth. My dentist told me the tooth looks ok, is well sealed and that the bitterness could be coming from my other to be extracted teeth. My problematic teeth were extracted but THE tooth is still troublesome.

My dentist said he may redo the RCT but I think that perhaps I should be going straight to my endodontist. But how do I do it without telling my dentist as surely he would notice when I see him next? And then I don’t want to hurt my dentist’s feelings if I go straight to the endodontist. I would be grateful for any advice

Last edited:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I'd go straight to the endo for a redo. The dentist should be mature enough to accept that his RCT has failed for some reason, and it's best if you go to an endo.

Vote:

Ask a Question