Do I need inform the dentist ?

Discussion in 'Endodontics' started by barona, Jul 10, 2018.

  1. barona


    Jul 2, 2018
    Likes Received:
    My dentist did at root canal but it didn’t solve the problem. So he referred me to to an endodontist who fixed it. He told me: “anytime you neet RCT come straight to me. No referral needed

    Now there is another tooth giving me trouble. R maxillary cuspid. My dentist didn’t take an X-ray, looked at it and shaved off some of my lower corresponding tooth. Didn’t help

    Then he went on a holiday , so I went to a new dentist who started my RCT and my tooth hurt a lot when drinking/eating hot meals.

    My usual dentist (after his holiday) then finished RCT and placed a veneer, but then I started having a bitter taste coming from that tooth. My dentist told me the tooth looks ok, is well sealed and that the bitterness could be coming from my other to be extracted teeth. My problematic teeth were extracted but THE tooth is still troublesome.

    My dentist said he may redo the RCT but I think that perhaps I should be going straight to my endodontist. But how do I do it without telling my dentist as surely he would notice when I see him next? And then I don’t want to hurt my dentist’s feelings if I go straight to the endodontist. I would be grateful for any advice
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    barona, Jul 10, 2018
    1. Advertisements

  2. barona

    MattKW Verified Dentist

    Mar 18, 2018
    Likes Received:
    I'd go straight to the endo for a redo. The dentist should be mature enough to accept that his RCT has failed for some reason, and it's best if you go to an endo.
    MattKW, Jul 10, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.