How worried should I be?

Let me start by saying I’ve had A LOT of dental work.. I’m 35, female, don’t smoke or drink. Fillings in nearly every tooth, 3 root canals, 5 crowns and an apicoectomy, but this issue is a new one. While I could catch you up on the WHY, I’ll save it for therapy.

Received an apicoectomy early may. Afterwards I was so horrified (and broke- no insurance) I had the endodontist check my other teeth. Sure enough, the molar behind it (farthest back, top left) that id been suspecting for a while was bothering me, had a small crack due to the enormous metal filling.

Went to a new-to-me dentist and received crown prep and temporary. No issues. Then went back for the permanent and my tooth has been uber sensitive to cold and hot ever since, and it’s been 3 weeks. No signs of improvement. The thing is, I have a unique sinus situation that basically my sinuses sit on top of these two teeth and I can’t go through another root canal failure and apico, so if this tooth needs anything further, I’ll be getting it pulled.

But the thought of the whole shebang makes me ill, considering I’m 5k into my teeth this year, and the little fact that the crown below it is also failing. Any insight, shared experiences, prayers or emotional support appreciated!

Ask a Question