Should I be worried?

I had Damon braces since January this year. 2 months ago I noticed that a small part of my gums near my second upper molar is inflamed and bleeds whenever I brushed my teeth near that area. I am also using a water flosser (water irrigator). My dentist told me to gargle with warm salt water and it should be resolved on its own. Recently I went for my appointment but the dentist didn’t say anything about it so i assume that it was okay. However I am still worried about this. Can anyone tell me what it is and how to solve this problem?

Attachments

• 56B23369-A045-4FAC-83F5-2D08FA05C02A.jpeg
    56B23369-A045-4FAC-83F5-2D08FA05C02A.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 101

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It's hard to tell. I suspect debris contamination and or autoimmune response to medication(s), herbals, new toothpaste, oral rinse, maybe cinnamon products, trauma, etc. Most lesions like that should resolve within 2 weeks like your dentist mentioned. Get a follow up if the lesion persists longer.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Looks like a granuloma, probably caused by some local irritation. Get your dentist or hygienist to thoroughly scrape out all around the gum of that tooth.

Vote:

Ask a Question