How to treat tongue pain? Also, could I have pulpitis?

Cheek and tongue side top edges of my natural tooth (lower back molar) were trimmed in addition to the tiny cavity filled on the surface.

1. Constant irritation and sores on the side of my tongue next to the trimmed edge. Had it buffed and softened twice and the sores keep coming back? What else can be done.

2. Nerve irritation after each adjustment to buff the edge and smooth the filling. On and off tooth pain for two weeks and each time the tooth felt puffy when painful when the pain flared up.

Even after the pain has stopped, the shape and texture of the tooth’s surface keeps changing. Sometimes it slick, flat, and glossy (usually when I eat) or it’s puffy and expanded and the surface feels scratchy or slimy. I don’t know what the tooth should feel like because it changes dozens of times throughout the day.

Is this pulpitis? Is the nerve still healing? Is this going to end or is it the beginning of bigger problems?

Thanks.

To treat tongue pain, start with good oral hygiene, avoid spicy or acidic foods, and use a mouth rinse to reduce irritation. Admire Dental Care advises consulting with a dentist if the pain persists, as it could indicate underlying issues like pulpitis, which requires professional evaluation and treatment.

Vote:

Ask a Question