Desire for teeth to return to their previous positions after orthodontic treatment

Hello. I received orthodontic treatment between 2019-2022. Two teeth were extracted in my upper jaw and screws were placed in the roots of my front incisors, allowing my teeth to move upward. After my treatment was completed, retaining wires were glued to my lower and upper jaw. I used the night plate every night for 6 months. After the 6th month, I started using it every 2 nights for 3 months. After using it for 9 months, my night plate broke. I didn't go to my dentist and get a night plate again, thinking that using it for 9 months would be enough. :(. While I was eating, the adhesive on the retainer wire on my upper jaw came off. When the gap between my teeth started to open, I noticed it and went to my dentist. The adhesive was reapplied.
Can you comment on the alignment of my teeth after the treatment is completed and the alignment of my current teeth? The teeth in my upper right jaw turned slightly inward. Can fillings be placed between my teeth? Is there a need for orthodontic treatment again? If I undergo orthodontic treatment again, how many months do you think it will take? Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_2216.jpeg
    IMG_2216.jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1807.jpeg
    IMG_1807.jpeg
    31.2 KB · Views: 2

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
On the photo it is unclear if there was relapse. If the retainers were not worn or replaced when broken, there is a a high likelihood that your teeth moved.
If the changes are relatively small, you can consider aligner therapy, which is not as long as normal fixed braces, in order to align the teeth again.
It is my opinion that retainers should be worn every night after ortho has been completed, to prevent relapse, and I advise my patients as much.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
You can google Invisalign to get a clearer picture. It is different sets of retainers, that is designed in such a way that it moves your teeth gradually.

Vote:
Thank you for the answer. I think my teeth are crooked by 1 or 2 millimeters. Gaps started to form between my teeth. Do you think I should reconnect or seek treatment?

Vote:

Ask a Question