How to find locations for Dental Office?

Does anyone have an idea of where you can do some research if your thinking about opening up your own practice?

This is a good question. My husband is looking to open his own dental practice and finding it hard to pick the right location... Anyone else have some suggestions?

Vote:
If you are looking for a good location to open a new office there are several factors to consider.

First would be having a good amount of people in the area that need to be serviced. Low population areas normally already have a local dentist set up whom people have gone to since they were young, whereas in larger cities people tend to not even know their own dentist and just go to whoever will offer them the best deal so you will have a great deal more business and you can mail flyers around the neighborhoods once you open with a special incentive and will have a good amount of people coming to you from the start without as much work.

Also look into what other businesses are nearby. See what other dentistry offices are in the area and how close and who is closer to the main roads. Make sure no major construction is going on or is set to go on shortly in the area you are looking at. I have seen 2 dental offices go out of business due to poor location and people being unable to reach them well due to construction that lasted for over a year,

A good idea if you are interested would be to offer the extra hurdle of exceptional guest service. Even a themed dental office.

For instance, some dentistry offices offer free coffee and donuts while waiting and I have heard people rave about these offices even when their work is shoddy due to the extra customer care.

There was a place in Orlando, Florida that was phenomenal that had wall to wall business and has been a success since it first opened. It was called Star Base Dental I believe and it is probably still around. They played only Star Trek movies and episodes while you were in the waiting room, had headphones while you were being worked on and mini tv's in each area so patients could watch Star Trek during their visit and the workers dressed in Star Trek uniforms. At the end of the visit the doctor came in and saw the patient off saying "live long and prosper" and making the Vulcan sign with the hand.

Because of this theme and the fact that no other offices I have seen have done this type of thing yet other than this office, they swept the entire field in the area. Everyone talked of them and even would drive an extra half hour to get to them as if they were their own theme park or event. Point being if you incorporate a theme or some form of exceptional guest service you will stand out from the rest, get more recommendations and will do well regardless of any area you are in. Best of luck to you.

Vote:
A good dentist could be anywhere

In today's market, finding the right location isn't as important as being visible on the web. Ofcourse you don't want to open an office right next door to another but you know I'm in california and every corner probably has a dental office, in reality, if you are good and people like you, you will be successful wherever you are. what's very important is to do a search on google and see how many people you will be competing against locally, I'll give you an example go to google and type in corona del mar dentist, this is my area, there's a quick count of how many people are competing for that, than do another search newport beach dentist and see how many are competing for that top spot. Corona Del Mar is about 1 mile away from Newport Beach, so more and more people are using the internet to find a good dentist, doing a good job is very important because everyone will know via the net. More importantly is if you are doing a good job and they are talking about it, you want to be able to show up in order to have new patients. gimics, themes, bla bla bla, people still want excellent dentistry, just make sure you are smart in maybe not picking the most populated (dental office areas web wise) you could be 3 feet away and better off.
Good Luck!

Vote:

Ask a Question