Foreign matter after extraction

Approximately 12 yrs ago, I underwent gastric bypass and as a result of malabsorption as well as neglecting to take my vitamins as instructed, my teeth are crumbling. After multiple extractions on top, I decided to go with dentures on the upper right after a front tooth broke off at the gum, I have had the upper plate for about 2 weeks now,, the only problem is there appears to be something that I can only explain the texture like a fish scale, and it is right under the surface of my gums above the upper incisors and I concluded it was still attached to what I am assuming is bone after digging and pulling at it with tweezers only to have it tear where the tweezers were gripping it. The pain in both of these areas is making the dentures almost unbearable to wear. I would LOVE to know what this is as well as when it will finally detach and come out!! I've had fragments make their way through later, but this protrudes almost like there is another tooth up there, but at 43 years old "highly unlikely"

Ask a Question