Does this look like the start of gum ressesion?

Best answers
Hello. I was curious to know if this looks like the start of receeding gums in the lower front teeth. I am having a hard time figuring out if my gums look lower or not. My last trip to the dentist was in September and they didnt say anything to me about receeding during the cleaning and I have been working hard to keep up on brushing twice a day and flossing. I'm hoping I am just being paranoid especially because I no longer have dental insurance. I won't be able to see a dentist for another few months as is so in the meantime I would love some opinions.

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements

R

regular student

yes looks like you do have recession.Also high feral attachment noted

R

regular student

its high frenum attachment.
Frenectomy plus tissue grafting can help your gums moving towards tooth

Best answers
Gum tissue surrounding the teeth shrinks back or wears away. As this happens, the lower parts and roots of the teeth are uncovered. Gums can shrink so much that tooth roots are almost completely exposed.

R

regular student

Gum tissue surrounding the teeth shrinks back or wears away. As this happens, the lower parts and roots of the teeth are uncovered. Gums can shrink so much that tooth roots are almost completely exposed.
Thats right Uptown 101
Also Dyslexia: Improper /vigorous tooth brushing can cause your gums to recede..
Do a good job in brushing technique

Best answers
Thats why Im so worried. I have no dental insurance now and no money to cover costs of fixing my teeth.

Best answers
Thats right Uptown 101
Also Dyslexia: Improper /vigorous tooth brushing can cause your gums to recede..
Do a good job in brushing technique
As far as I am aware I am brushing properly. I will get a softer toothbrush though and see if that helps. Only issue is I am away working for the next few months. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Ad

Advertisements

Best answers
its high frenum attachment.
Frenectomy plus tissue grafting can help your gums moving towards tooth
What is high frenum attachment? Also do you happen to know the cost of something like this? I have no coverage and am only 21 so I don't have any money to fix this.

Ask a Question