Does this look like the start of gum ressesion?

Hello. I was curious to know if this looks like the start of receeding gums in the lower front teeth. I am having a hard time figuring out if my gums look lower or not. My last trip to the dentist was in September and they didnt say anything to me about receeding during the cleaning and I have been working hard to keep up on brushing twice a day and flossing. I'm hoping I am just being paranoid especially because I no longer have dental insurance. I won't be able to see a dentist for another few months as is so in the meantime I would love some opinions.

Attachments

• 20171012_175733.jpg
    20171012_175733.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 322
  • 20171012_180832.jpg
    20171012_180832.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 338
Gum tissue surrounding the teeth shrinks back or wears away. As this happens, the lower parts and roots of the teeth are uncovered. Gums can shrink so much that tooth roots are almost completely exposed.

Vote:
R

regular student

Gum tissue surrounding the teeth shrinks back or wears away. As this happens, the lower parts and roots of the teeth are uncovered. Gums can shrink so much that tooth roots are almost completely exposed.
Thats right Uptown 101
Also Dyslexia: Improper /vigorous tooth brushing can cause your gums to recede..
Do a good job in brushing technique

Vote:
Thats why Im so worried. I have no dental insurance now and no money to cover costs of fixing my teeth.

Vote:
Thats right Uptown 101
Also Dyslexia: Improper /vigorous tooth brushing can cause your gums to recede..
Do a good job in brushing technique
As far as I am aware I am brushing properly. I will get a softer toothbrush though and see if that helps. Only issue is I am away working for the next few months. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:

Vote:

Ask a Question