Does this look normal?

Best answers
I had four root canals on my front teeth about 2 years ago. Unfortunely because root canals aren’t covered after the age of 21 where I live, I had to pay out of pocket for all four. By the time I was done with them, I didn’t have anymore money left to pay for crowns. I am a 24 year old mother with no income. Recently I went to a dentist for that was covered by my state insurance for a cleaning. (I’ll never go there again). Anyway when he took xrays I noticed that my front teeth where the root canals are, looked odd but I’m not a dentist so idk. Does this look normal?

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements

Best answers
I am so scared that my teeth will be the death of me. I am only 24 and I feel like by 30 I’ll have no front teeth. Also, on one of these teeth I would get really bad abscesses to the point my face would swell up, which is what led me to get the root canals in the first place. 1 turned into 4, and that’s why I didn’t have money for the crowns.

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Best answers
The root fillings look satisfactory. The squiggly line is some of the glue/cement that has squeezed through the tip of the tooth during root filling, and is often of no consequence.

Best answers
The root fillings look satisfactory. The squiggly line is some of the glue/cement that has squeezed through the tip of the tooth during root filling, and is often of no consequence.
Thank you so much for your response!

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Best answers
What led to all the root canals? Did you have trauma? Do you drink a lot of soda/Red Bull/Starbucks/Energy drinks? Hopefully you don't do meth, etc. I had a young mother your age that sued me for all of her teeth rotting out and later I found out she was arrested for Meth.

Ad

Advertisements

Best answers
What led to all the root canals? Did you have trauma? Do you drink a lot of soda/Red Bull/Starbucks/Energy drinks? Hopefully you don't do meth, etc. I had a young mother your age that sued me for all of her teeth rotting out and later I found out she was arrested for Meth.
No I don’t do meth or any drugs for that matter lol. Never have, never will.
I think the combination of not taking care of my teeth properly, not getting a routine cleaning (I didn’t know how important oral care was) and drinking a lot of soda led to my root canals. Biggest regret of my life
:(

Are my teeth doomed because I got root canals? Is it possible to live the rest of my without loosing these teeth?!?

P.S. I hope you won the lawsuit!

Ask a Question