Dentures at 22?

I'm 22 years old and have many some very poor decisions in my life when it came to my oral health. Those bad choices turned into habits which I was never able to break. Now it's too late. I have already had my molars removed and it's inevitably going to happen to the rest of my teeth. I have been doing quite a bit of research about dentures and am trying to get comfortable with the fact that I'll need them before too long.

I've always had a small, crowded mouth. With the fairly recent removal (6 months) of my molars, my wisdom teeth are finally coming in. My bottom left is pretty much completely in and my top right and top left are about half way in. My lower left still hasn't broken the surface yet.

I want to get dentures before too long. Is this even possible at this moment? Should I wait until my wisdom teeth are completely in?

Price is a big reason I'm strongly considering dentures. But a bigger reason is the time all the procedures would take. I just want to be able to smile and love life! I know that with all the other procedures I need, it would be a very long time until I got to the point of being comfortable smiling in public... and that's if the procedures even worked. I feel as if dentures are the quick and cost effective way for me to move on to a more enjoyable life.

Ask a Question