Dental trama

i went on a cruise in December and I fell into one of the gutters on the ship. I face planted on a steal window ledge. I knocked out one tooth completely, one tooth was pushed up into the bone and another tooth was knocked back into the roof of my mouth. The three teeth that were damaged is my front teeth and all crowns. I was on a ship and out to sea so I had to wait 2 days to get back into port. Then the 3rd day drive home 5 hours away. On the 4th day I was able to get into the dentist who couldn't do anything because of the trauma. The following day I went to a oral surgeon who reset the teeth back in the sockets and put a brace or cast on the teeth to keep them in place. I had two root canals and I am now waiting for them to heal. I'm sure I haven't worded everything right but it's been over a month and I'm so scared. Please give me your opinion on what to do next.

Make sure you have adequate nutrition so your body can heal. Avoid any pressure on those teeth and eat soft foods. Consider magnesium, calcium, and phosphate supplementation.

Some pharmaceuticals can reduce characteristics of your body's healing mechanisms, such as warfarin which interferes with the formation of bone and cartilage. In my opinion warfarin has led to a lot of hip replacements via this mechanism...

Also avoid flouride products during this time when the flouride can get deep into your tissues... it is toxic to certain orgains, and may inhibit the tissue healing process. It is great for your teeth, so resume fluoride product usage after your tissues had healed up.

Vote:

Ask a Question