Dental Cleaning

Today I had dental cleaning after about two years. Usually my gums are sensitive so today was very painful for me but my dentist recommended as I wanted total general mouth/teeth health care before proceeding to a dreaded root canal surgery.

She's a new dentist for me, my childhood friend dentist, (the most kindest person ever) had relocated and there were some problems to get to him. So, my new dentist did dental cleaning today and my gums bleed much. She used a suction device, some sort of instrumental device that sounded like a drill and took a long time removing plaque deposits from around each tooth. Several times I made her stop and gargled with a cup of water (which had something mixed into it). I could taste the blood in my mouth. I felt weak looking at what I spat out in the sink.

Anyway right now, my mouth feels sensitive and I have a slight fever. Should I take Panadol for the pain? Or what else can I do? I had assumed that she was going to give me anesthesia treatment to numb the pain. My last dentist usually does and I feel nothing. Having experienced today, i'm kinda terrified for the root canal. ( I know, I'm a big baby lol) I'm still reading up on it and will probably ask some questions a bit later on.

Thanks for any advice.

Ask a Question