Corsodyl mouthwash

Hi, I have a 9 year old, who has bleeding gums on one side of her mouth when she brushes. I bought Corsodyl mouthwash for her. Only on the inside label does it say that it is to be used by children over 12 unless recommended by a dentist. Do you think it will be ok for her to use the mouth wash at least a few times? Thanks!

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It might be a better idea to have her see a dentist. Might be time for a cleaning. Children often struggle with juvenile gingivitis due to eruption of permanent teeth and exfoliation of primary teeth.
A normal salt water rinse should also suffice. I would not let her rinse with the Corsodyl for more than a week.
Always remember, a mouthwash is never a replacement for normal brushing twice a day. It is only an adjunct.

Vote:
It might be a better idea to have her see a dentist. Might be time for a cleaning. Children often struggle with juvenile gingivitis due to eruption of permanent teeth and exfoliation of primary teeth.
A normal salt water rinse should also suffice. I would not let her rinse with the Corsodyl for more than a week.
Always remember, a mouthwash is never a replacement for normal brushing twice a day. It is only an adjunct.

Thank you! I will keep Corsodyl mouthwash away from her in that case. I also bought Corsodyl Active Gum Repair toothpaste, but again, on opening it, realised that it is for 12 year olds and over. Is it ok for her to use it as her permanent toothpaste? It is less minty than her current toothpaste, so I suspect that she will like it.
If not, do you consider Corsodyl Active Gum Repair toothpaste to be as good as Sensodyne toothpaste for adults? Can I have it as my permanent toothpaste?

Vote:
Hi, I have a 9 year old, who has bleeding gums on one side of her mouth when she brushes. I bought Corsodyl mouthwash for her. Only on the inside label does it say that it is to be used by children over 12 unless recommended by a dentist. Do you think it will be ok for her to use the mouth wash at least a few times? Thanks!

Crest 3D Whitestrips, Professional Effects, Teeth Whitening Strip Kit, 44 Strips (22 Count Pack)

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Brushing and flossing regularly are the best form of oral hygiene - mouthwashes are much less useful and give people a misplaced sense of effectiveness. I would be brushing her teeth for her over the next week to make sure it is done properly.

Vote:

Ask a Question