Corsodyl- Stains your teeth?

Hi!

My girlfriend recently purchased some Corsodyl for her gums, but complained about it staining her teeth. I tried it and didn't notice any staining. Does any else have the issue and if so what is the science behind it?

Thanks!

Miles

This medicine may not be suitable for everyone and some people must never have it. If it stains your teeth, this can be reduced by avoiding tea, coffee and wine, and brushing teeth with a normal toothpaste before using this medicine. If you wear dentures clean them with a denture cleanser before using this medicine

Vote:
My Auntie has used it for years and never mentioned about it staining her teeth.Although maybe she never knew! However, my girlfriend's sister (who is a dental hygienist) said that it does indeed stain. I used it recently, but only for 2 weeks - as per my girlfriend's sister's advice.
Marrkarnell mentioned that staining can be reduced by avoiding tea, coffee and wine. However, that - to me - states the obvious. Everyone knows that tea, coffee and wine staines the teeth!
Corsodyl should only be used to treat gum problems and not as a regular mouth wash. If symptoms persist for longer than two weeks then you should go see your dentist anyway!

Vote:

Ask a Question