Chipped molar during wisdom tooth extraction

Hello,

I am looking for some advise about a recent tooth extraction. I had an upper wisdom tooth removed and during the process it appears the dentist chipped the adjacent molar in several places on one side of the molar.

He didn't say anything to me during the procedure and after it was over I asked if everything looked good to which he answered "yes". So I'm a bit upset he didn't tell me what went wrong and I am concerned that having this chipped molar can lead to problems down the road. I am not sure how this would be repaired as I have never had this happen before.

I am hoping I can get some advice. I am going to contact the dentist but I am unsure If I can get him to repair the damage or if I should even be concerned. I am assuming having the enamel broken off the tooth in a few places can't be good at all.

thanks for reading and any responses.

That's horrible. I can't believe he didn't even tell you. You need to tell him asap. That's just wrong. Research cosmetic dentistry stuff. I personally think a crown would be your best bet, but it just sucks to have to do that because it isn't ever going to be the same as your original tooth.

Sorry you had to go through that, and good luck with it all.

Vote:

Ask a Question