Can not tolerate upper denture

I lost my teeth due to years of certain medications. I've struggled for years, spent thousands of dollars and lost them in the end. I'm not only just sick about it. I can not tolerate this chunk of plastic in my mouth. It's so thick and ill fitting. Are there any alternatives? I've heard of "horseshoe" dentures or also called "4 on 4". The cost my dentist quoted me was outrageous.I could never afford something like that. I'm looking for a new dentist as he doesn't seem to take my opinion into account. The teeth in this denture look nothing like my teeth had before and I had always been told I had a nice smile. I not only can not stand the way it looks, I just can not tolerate the way it feels. I have a hard time with speech also. I am so miserable, any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Zuri Barniv

Verified Dentist
Consider getting two implants placed which the denture can attach to and perhaps some of the plastic in the palate area can be removed. Around California, a service like that is still very expensive but much MUCH less than the "all on 4" option you mention

Vote:

Ask a Question