Broken tooth

Last week, I was eating some popcorn when the top of my back molar came off. It is about a medium sized piece and I can now see behind it, my wisdom teeth is growing horizontally, pushing against it and causing it to have decay and eventually break.

I went to the dentist today who has said I have two options. I can leave it or have it removed. She said a filling will not work on this space / area.

I don't know what to do as I do not want the tooth removed if I don't have to bit also very worried about it getting infected / lots of food gets stuck in it of I leave it. It doesn't hurt but she did say it has signs of decay.

Any help please

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Do you have an x-ray that you can share? We need to see if the tooth is indeed unrestorable or not.

Vote:
Hi there thank you so much for getting back. I don't have the x rays but I am going to ask my dentist if I can have a copy of them.

The dentist said that the decay is on the back of the tooth and said we can try a filling but it probably won't work.

I am really worried if I take the tooth out, it's going to make the molar above it come down and make my teeth shift. It will leave quite a bit gap as I don't have a 3rd molar (wisdom tooth as this is growing sideways)

However I am also worried if I leave it, it could get worse later on or get infected.
Is it ok to leave it in as the dentist offered this as an option or?

I am really stressing about this..any help at all would be appreciated.
Thank you

Vote:

Ask a Question