Braces more damaging than good?

k22

Hello,
I am on the NHS treatment for braces which I got near the end of last year. I didn't have any crowding or spaces in my teeth I just had one canine teeth on the right that over bit the top teeth which had a really tiny dent however it was really subtle and I didn't feel that it was a big issue. Since I had told this to my dentist she suggested to me that I could go to the orthodontists and so I did. However I didn't expect things like gum recession as I hadn't really know about these things from the orthodontist or the dentist. my orthodontist even asked me once into the treatment that due to the natural arrangement of my teeth she cant really get my teeth that straight unless I extract two teeth I didn't really want to extract my teeth so she said she cant get them to the "ideal" straightness
I first got braces on the top and then got the bottom ones she said she put braces on the top to see if my bottom teeth adjusted naturally but since they didn't I now have braces on the bottom teeth however I now have gum recession on the other left canine and also since she cant get them that straight my original issue of biting the top teeth from the right canine remains. I am really annoyed because before braces my teeth weren't that bad, there was no staining and now while biting I feel its wonky and top is shifted to the right while the bottom slightly to the left which makes biting quickly hard also since I have only 3 months left I thing the final arrangement will be quite close to the current arrangement. my teeth also look as if they are stretched out of their gums and taller which after braces I don't think will make them look good
Is there any way I can reduce the gum recessions while the orthodontist continues to tighten them. also I 've herd braces don't change the change the shape of teeth permanently does that mean after braces if I don't wear retainers my teeth will return to their original place and the gum recession will go away because I desperately want that now.
Thanks for the any responses

Ask a Question