Bonded adjacent tooth to DLi canine. How can I fix this??

Hi,

I completed a distolingual composite resin restoration on a canine. However to my dismay, I realized I did not insert a celluloid strip between the canine and the adjacent premolar after curing the resin. I was unable to floss through the teeth and could not fit the 3M strip through either. How can I resolve this??

I was told that it may debond due to physiological movement of the teeth. Is there any solution or is redoing the entire restoration the only way out? Please help. I feel really awful for my patient. I'm a dental student and this is my first cons on a real patient. Will appreciate any useful advice.

I really do hope I don't have to redo the entire restoration as my patient has a fear of local anesthesia..

Did your instructor not check the patient when you were finished? I remember what it was like to be a dental student. I would talk to your instructor. The tooth will not "debond" itself. In my opinion, the filling will need to be redone so the patient can floss properly.

Vote:
Yes my tutor did check the patient and tried to separate the teeth with a polishing strip. My tutor said that I may have to redo the restoration at the next appointment. Thank you.

Vote:

Ask a Question