been upset ...my own fault..please help

Hello..I'm 29 years old. I went to the dentist when I was about 12 years old. He scarred me so much. I never went again.neither my parents push me to go...my mom had bad teeth and always has pain. She finally got fake teeth in her mouth. The dentist pulled all her teeth ..I saw the pain that she went through. It scared me even more about going to the dentist. I noticed that I have a dent in my soft palate area. Its like a tiny dent there..like my gum tissue is shrinking. And bottom teeth are bad.....I have my taste buds on back of tongue that are swollen..they're bothering me so much..why are they're swollen..my throat is itchy after eating too...I don't know what to do..I been crying the last 2 days

Hi Marie. I can empathize with your situation. I didn't wanna go to the dentists either and now I spend my nights on dentistry websites trying to find out what's going on in my mouth in take care of it. Now I am by no means an expert but eveveryone has swollen taste buds on the back of the toNgue. That is normal don't worry about that one :p. I believe my gums are slowly but surely withering away. Dont think I will be able to afford dentures. Only 22 years old n I've already screwed up this much. So if you need anyone to talk to I'm here for ya.

Vote:

drmins

Verified Dentist
Dentistry is not as scary as you think,dear friends. Using proper medications and measures,the pain is almost absent during the procedures and almost reduced during the post operative period.

If you are still much worried about it,i suggest you to consult a dentist who can offer you the treatments in conscious sedation,which is a safer method.

At this very young age,please ensure that you get the proper treatments and guidance,so as to preserve the natural teeth.When delayed,it makes the dental treatments and dental care, a nightmare.

Stay cool. Keep smiling.
Dr.mins

Vote:

Ask a Question