I appreciate the reply.
- OK, so I imagine they didn't hurt when he tapped them?
- A vitality test is very important: it means either putting something very cold (usually an icy pellet) or Electronic Pulp Tester on the teeth. Was this done, and what was the result? I'd be testing at least the 4 front teeth and looking for one that has no response (no "ouch"!).
- I see no sign of perio bone loss on the Xrays.
- Childhood trauma can ofetn mean as little as being hit on the teeth with a ball but no breakage. However, a blow like that can cause a "nerve" to die. This can show up on Xrays as a dark area at the tip of the tooth, or may show as a discoloured tooth.
- I wouldn't've prescribed antibiotics in this case, but... did they make any difference? Sometimes by the time the antibiotics are finished, the "infection" or whatever may have subsided anyway, so it's not a reliable method.
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
|Can anyone advise on my X-Ray please||4|
|New dentist - five fillings after clear x ray 6 months ago?||1|
|What the heck!? Xray provided||3|
|Weird growth on X-ray||2|
|Based on the severity of crookedness in my teeth, how long will it take braces to straighten them?||3|
|Is a flouride-based toothpaste good for me? (Details Inside)||0|
|Can you give opinions based on this pic?||1|
|Age of fillings based on Xray??||1|