Bad smell when flossing my root canal tooth. Is there something wrong with it?

I live in the U.S. In January 2018 I had a root canal done on my upper left second molar #15 (due to a chip in the tooth near the gum line). It’s been giving me no issues for the year and a half that I’ve had it.

About two weeks ago when I was flossing around it, it smelled putrid. I thought maybe I had food stuck there so I didn’t think much of it and continued my normal routine of brushing twice daily, mouthwash, and flossing at night.

Fast forward until now, the smell still happens when I floss. Sometimes a tiny amount of pink substance is on my floss and it smells TERRIBLE. This tooth doesn’t smell during the day, and the tooth doesn’t hurt. It just smells when I floss around it. Is there something wrong with my tooth?

Solutions
May be worth scheduling a dental check up to see what your dentist thinks. The dentist may be able to adjust your dental work to stop food being trapped.

Vote:

Ask a Question