Are these cavities?

I noticed one side is occasionally slightly sensitive. I looked and thought I had a cavity for sure but I noticed the same tooth on the other side has a hole also. Are these both cavities or is that just how that tooth looks.

Attachments

• IMG_6849.png
    IMG_6849.png
    763 KB · Views: 14

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Might only be a discolored pit. To rule out a cavity, an x-ray is needed or a clinical examination in order to determine if the pit is sticky or not.

Vote:
Cavities, also known as dental caries or tooth decay, are more than just holes in your teeth. They can be a source of frustration and worry. Cavities develop when bacteria in your mouth produce acids that eat away at your tooth's protective enamel. This process can be emotionally distressing because it not only causes pain and sensitivity but also affects your self-esteem.

The emotional aspect of cavities is real – the fear of dental visits, the discomfort of eating, and the anxiety about how it might impact your smile and overall health. The good news is that with proper oral care, regular dental check-ups, and timely treatment, cavities can be prevented and managed.

Caring for your oral health goes beyond just the physical; it's about preserving your confidence and well-being. Don't hesitate to seek professional help and guidance to address cavities and maintain a healthy, radiant smile. Your emotional comfort is an essential part of your dental journey.

Vote:

Ask a Question