Are these acceptable dental implants

Dear all,

My mother (75) has recently had 7 implants done on her upper jaw. The dentist did this without any surgical guide and had perform minimum invasive operation on her (no cut open of the gum to reveal the bone). 4 implants (molar) came loose and had to be removed, 3 stayed. I had my mother go to another clinic to get an CT Scan. The enclosed are capture of two implants that I think are problematic. The implants punch thru the bone in the upper jaw instead of completely surrounded by the bone. I want to go back to the dentist to have my money back, do i have sufficient ground?

Attachments

• Image_0018.jpg
    Image_0018.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 440
  • Image_0022.jpg
    Image_0022.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 401
Wow........not acceptable at all!
As for your question....super-sufficient ground.

I would think the same but the dentist told us that this is very common for mini implant. He said the implant are holding tight. However, my mother start to have redness and swelling right above the gum on top of one of the implants now. He gave her antibiotic and anti-inflamation medication for a week today. I am not so sure about this as this only suppresses the problem for now, Will it happen again sometime later. Another dentist suggest us to remove those two, saying that it may eventually come loose when pressure applies... But he gave ambiguous comment whether this is a passable or acceptable implant or not.....eventually he refuse to admit my mother's case. it is a small community and the dentists want to protect each other..... My mother has been in pain for the last couple of months..... what a nightmare!!

Vote:
I would think the same but the dentist told us that this is very common for mini implant. He said the implant are holding tight. However, my mother start to have redness and swelling right above the gum on top of one of the implants now. He gave her antibiotic and anti-inflamation medication for a week today. I am not so sure about this as this only suppresses the problem for now, Will it happen again sometime later. Another dentist suggest us to remove those two, saying that it may eventually come loose when pressure applies... But he gave ambiguous comment whether this is a passable or acceptable implant or not.....eventually he refuse to admit my mother's case. it is a small community and the dentists want to protect each other..... My mother has been in pain for the last couple of months..... what a nightmare!!
Sorry to hear so. I agree you SHOULD have them removed as soon as possible.
This case is not a candidate for flapless surgery especially when there's not a surgical guide fabricated.
These implants don't look mini to me.

Vote:

Ask a Question