Aching jaw

Solutions
Hi, the last few months I've had a really aching lower jaw and when I mentioned it to my dentist the last time I saw her she couldn't tell me why I might have it.

The xrays (which I don't have unfortunately), don't show anything worrying and she wasn't concerned by it or by anything she saw. She said just to monitor it and see how it goes between now and next appointment.

Is there anything other than cavities for example that could make your jaw ache?

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Grinding and clenching. This happens very often and especially during Covid. Consider getting Over-the-Counter night guard for now and the more expensive custom hard bite guard for long term.

Vote:
Solutions
Thank you honestdoc. Are there any other symptoms or ways I can easily tell it's grinding and clenching that is causing the ache? Or is that the only possibility?

I will get an over the counter night guard anyway and see if that helps.

Thank you.

Vote:
Solutions
Thank you. I often have headaches and my teeth are a bit more sensitive than they used to be, so looks like it could well be that. I will try and get the night guard tonight and see how that goes.

Thank you again.

Vote:

Ask a Question