bleaching at home while breastfeeding?

Great Lakes Dental

Verified Dentist
The use of teeth whitening products is safe for a Mother who is breastfeeding. Simply take care not to ingest the chemicals. Both home & in-office whitening products are applied directly to your teeth, rinsed and not consumed. Since nothing gets absorbed into your body, whitening your teeth will have no impact on the safety or quality of your breast milk.

Dr. Jennifer Thomm
Cosmetic Dentist
Sarnia, Ontario Canada
519-542-3427

Vote:
I heard many dentist does not encourage any dental work during pregnancy (especially from 2nd trimester) and nursing time. Thanks Jennifer for sharing this information.

Vote:

Great Lakes Dental

Verified Dentist
I think you'd have to first define 'dental work'. In most cases, minor procedures (such as cleanings & fillings) are fine during the 1st & 2nd trimesters and during nursing time. Many offices can offer you special 'pregnancy safe' freezing options. I would however hold-off on x-rays (especially if they're not digital) or major work (such as dental implants) and definitely avoid nitrous oxide, during or shortly after a pregnancy.

Dr. Jennifer Thomm
Cosmetic Dentist
Sarnia, Ontario Canada

Vote:

Ask a Question