A very complicated case? + photos

lal

I have been wearing braces for 2 years now. I feel that there are no results in my orthodontic treatment. if there are they are so slightly and unnoticable.
I have a missing upper lateral incisor and that's the reason my frontal (symmetry) line is moved. Also, I have a lower canine that's out of line. The plan of my treatment: extraction of the lower premolar on the opposite side of the out-of-line canine and moving teeth to close the gap. For the maxillary problem - also tooth extraction of the premolar on the same side as the lower one and moving teeth to open space for implant replacement of the lateral incisor. But I didn't agree with the last one.

It's been 2 years since I've been wearing braces on my lower teeth (my orthodontist said that it's better to start with the lower and after around 10 months she placed braces on the upper).
But for those 2 years, she hadn't closed the space that was opened by extracting my lower premolar. This is a lot of time. i feel so upset, with one word - handicapped.
I'm thinking about a second opinion. Should I give her time or should I act?

And also - there's no solution for my upper teeth. She suggests me variable options, but I feel like I have no trust in her abilities and that's why I'm still waiting.

the photo shows my 25 month experience:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I would suggest seeking a second opinion. It could not do any harm. 2 years is a long time without any noticeable results.

Vote:

Ask a Question