White fuzzy patch on tongue

RVP

Hi guys, I've been quite ill for a week, general fever, mucus coughing and feeling under the weather (since Saturday last week) and since Monday I've had a white patch on my tongue it doesn't seem to be getting any bigger or smaller, but since yesterday I have started doing warm water gargles with salt and using corsodyl twice a day, morning and night.

I don't smoke, very rarely drink and generally have quite good oral hygiene (brushing twice a day).

I went to the Dr's and she said she doesn't really know what it is and said the best bet is to go to the Dentist. Now, I am going to book an appointment at the Dentist, but I also suffer from health anxiety, so wanted to rule out any serious disease (cancer).

I have attached an image, please have a look. Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 22.55.57.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 22.55.57.png
    744 KB · Views: 2,404

RVP

Has anyone suffered something similar or have seen anything like this? It's worrying me a lot, to the point I can't do anything but think about it or keep researching on it which is just leading to the same conclusion, which is cancer.

Vote:
@RVP Did you ever find out what this was by chance? Literally have the same exact thing going on right now. White fuzzy looking patch in the center of my tongue and then I also have red raised bumps on the back of my tongue.

Vote:

RVP

@RVP Did you ever find out what this was by chance? Literally have the same exact thing going on right now. White fuzzy looking patch in the center of my tongue and then I also have red raised bumps on the back of my tongue.

Hi, so I visited my Dentist and he told me it's was a form of Leukoplakia it generally appears again on my tongue when I'm feeling unwell and immune system has gone down. It took about 2 weeks for it to fully dissapear, brushing twice daily and gently brushing down where the luekoplakia is. Also, purchase yourself corsodyl mouthwash, that really helped in removing it. If it's not gone in 2 weeks I'd recommend visiting your dentist for peace of mind.

Vote:

Ask a Question