What is wrong with me? Please help

Ok, I know this is bad, but I haven't been to the dentist for some time and for a while now I have had some yellow stuff on the two bottom teeth in the front. I floss and brush everyday and I just recently started oil pulling. I was diagnosed with the beginning stages of periodontal disease a few years ago and I did have a deep cleaning/scaling done. I stopped going after that. Please don't lecture me, I know I shouldn't have stopped but I did continue to brush religiously and floss. I have an appointment booked for 11/13 with a new dentist ( I don't think mine was that honest) and I want to start taking even better care of myself. I have literally been obsessing over my teeth lately. Even started reading "Cure tooth decay" and taking cod liver oil everyday. I think the yellow stuff literally just started spreading to other teeth over the last few days since I have been obsessing. I also think there is some pus or something in between my teeth, but I cannot tell. I have no pain at the moment other than a few weeks ago I did have some in my jaw, so I bought a night guard and it went away. My gums are not inflamed as far as I can tell. Do my teeth look doomed? Should I try and get the appointment booked for sooner? Does it look like this discoloration can be fixed? Why is this coating spreading along to the two teeth next to the ones in the front there?
teeth.jpg

Ok, so to follow up here I got into the dentist sooner and they told me about my periodontal disease. They kept reading off the #'s and I believe they even said some were as deep as 5 and 6 mm. I am so scared right now. They told me that I wouldn't lose my teeth today or tomorrow, but could start having problems in 5 years or so. I told them that I wanted to treat it NOW and I am booked to come in this coming Wednesday for scaling root planning, and I believe laser therapy, but it still isn't surgery they said. I still don't understand what exactly the laser would do. Afterwards, I will do my routine check ups every 3 months. Is there any hope for me? Can they even get into the pockets that are 5 and 6 mm? They said that it's good to catch this now and take action, otherwise I would need surgery down the road. Should I just get the surgery now? Are they lying to me and will I eventually need other treatments like surgery, or implants?

Last edited:

Vote:

Ask a Question