What am i doing wrong?

Hello,i am first year dental student and to be honest it is really hard.It has been since i applied and had entrance exams but i pulled it off and had good grades.However now that the semester is going i found difficulties.At first it was carving teeth out of soap,first one was horrible - central upper incisor - and i started carving like crazy and the second was a lot better but still had minor mistakes - upper canine.Some did it faster than me and i don't have the knack that they do,but worked harder and did that too.It pisses me off that it takes an hour to make a tooth they will make in 20-30 minutes.I passed all but 2 colloquiums.I am studying 4-5 hours during the week,sometimes more and sometimes less and quite frankly around 10 hours during weekends.How do i improve even more?What am i doing wrong?I feel like i am not cut out for this but i still want to do it so hard and i won't stop to be honest

Keep going! Don't stop the effort. You don't have to be super fast to become a great dentist. Some ppl are just gifted and find it easier than others -I'm not one of them...lol .... my first filling on a patient took me 3hrs to complete!-
So....
Keep practicing and studying and everything will come through time.

Vote:

Ask a Question