Receding Gums - What am I doing wrong?

I've been having issues with inflamed and receding gums for a while, and I've tried to correct the problem myself, but it still persists. I notice the inflammation more on the lower gums, but the gums on top and bottom are both receding.

Here's what I do on a daily basis, two times a day... tell me if you can spot an issues.

* First I use a Right-Angled Whitening Plackers and floss all of my teeth

* Then I use a Perio-Aid (that you put a toothpick in) and gently scrape the plaque away from my gum line

* Then I use an Ora-Brush and brush then scrape my tongue

* Then I gargle and swish around some CloSYS mouthwash

* Then I grab my Dr. Collins Perio toothbrush, which is extra soft and specifically for people with gum issues

* I put on some Kiss My Face Triple Action toothpaste, wet it with warm water to soften the bristles even more, and then I brush with soft circular strokes

Does my order of operations throw up any red flags for anyone?

I figured what I was doing would be pretty helpful in resolving the problem, but perhaps I'm just too stressed. I work a lot and sometimes my sleep schedule gets all out of whack, and I know that doesn't help at all.

Last edited:

Ask a Question