Weird sensations post root canal

Hi, I recently had a root canal (about 2 months ago) and since then have had weird sensations (tingling in the area, feeling of pressure in the tooth, etc. It is SUPER noticeable that it is different from my other teeth and is driving me crazy. I've seen on Google that "different" can be normal, but I'm not sure what is meant by "different". It seems like it shouldn't be to the extent where it is that bothersome? How long does it typically take for a root canal to settle? Could this still be normal healing? Will it ever feel more like a "normal" tooth?

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
2 months might be normal if you had a large infection prior to the root canal being done. Difficult to say without a recent x-ray. It is also important that the occlusion or bite be checked to ensure it is not too high.

Vote:
2 months might be normal if you had a large infection prior to the root canal being done. Difficult to say without a recent x-ray. It is also important that the occlusion or bite be checked to ensure it is not too high.
Thanks for your response...No infection prior. I did have some inflammation in the tooth because a nerve accidentally got pinched by a deep filling I had 2 weeks before the root canal. The endodontist checked the bite a few times and said it looks good. I have my semi-annual hygiene appt next week and my general dentist is going to do a 3d image when I go in.

Vote:

Ask a Question