Uderbite. Kicks me when i'm down.

Hello everyone, my name's Jeremy i'm 26 living down in Florida.

When I was around fifteen or so my dentist told me I had an under bite. At the time I was to young for surgery and needed to wait for my jaw to finish developing.

As the years went on I didn't think much of it. That's until my top teeth started to chip...

Come to find out my squeeky prepubescent voice, "ass chin" and constant chipping of my top teeth can all be attributed to my evil under bite.

I knew the surgery was more expensive then I could ever afford so I went to my local dentist (down here in FL) to ask to have my top teeth repaired. She told me she could use vaneers but wouldn't recommend it until my jaw surgery is complete.

Can I do the vaneers anyway? "It'd be a waste of $600. And I won't do it."

I appreciate her honesty but at the same time my heart sank. I just want to be confident when I smile... Or even speak. I swear when ever I talk to someone all they can ever do is stare at my teeth and it really wears on me.

I want to know what my voice (should) have sounded like, what my chin should have looked like... I want to be able to speak without looking at the ground or looking away to mask my chipped teeth.

I'm stuck at a crossroads. I have a 1 on 1 meeting with an Orthodontist on Monday but I fear bad news. I'd bet money my insurance wont cover the surgery and the surgery itself will be well over $30,000.

Do I find a way to swing the surgery and spend the rest of my life in debt? Or do I let it go... And deal with this unnatural insecurity around people.

I've read in some (rare) instances you can get a spot for a dentist in training or have the surgery in front of interns at little to no cost. Is that something within reason? I don't want to get my hopes up... But something has to change!

I sat infront of the mirror this morning thinking what if I just sanded them down.. . So you couldn't see them at all! An irrational, impulsive thought... I just don't want to stand out for better or worse... I just want to look normal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoellenWhi

Latest Threads