Tooth pain at night.

Hi all ...

I am wondering if I am the only one this happens to, or if there is some weird connection between time of day and pain in your teeth.

Let me start by mentioning, I have very bad teeth. They are very brittle and tend to break easily, so I have dealt with many, many tooth infections, and severe pain, for most of my adult life. It's misery.

Over the years, I have had a very, very strange phenomena I cannot explain. With a few exceptions, between waking, and around 10 pm at night, my teeth do not hurt, or at least, hurt very little compared with later. After 10, usually between 10 pm and 4 am, when I have an infection, or an exposed nerve ...etc, the pain is excruciating.

I understand that lying down causes fluids to build up in the roots of your teeth, which can lead to severe pain if you have an exposed root, but that is not the issue here. It does not matter if I am lying down, standing up, doing jumping jacks, or working nights. As soon as 10 pm rolls around, my affected teeth hurt terribly. Lying down simply exacerbates that pain 10 fold.

Can anyone point out a possible cause for teeth to only hurt at night / early mornings, yet not during the rest of the day?

Another cause for late night toothaches can be due to grinding your teeth when stressed throughout the day and is due to blood flow when you lie down.

Vote:

Ask a Question