Swollen Gums

Lea

about 2 years ago I had some quite bad tooth decay but my dentist said a root canal wasn't required and filled it. In the past month or so I think the filling has come out and last night my gums in that area of my mouth have swelled. I have a dentist appointment booked in for just over a month away but I'm not sure if I should change it to urgent and try and get it sooner? I've had no pain with this tooth at all and the decay seems to only be down the edge of it but the swelling has really concerned me

Your gums are very important to your oral health. The gums are made up of firm, pink tissue that covers your jawbones. This tissue is thick, fibrous, and full of blood vessels. If your gums become swollen, they may protrude, or bulge out. Swelling in your gums usually begins where the gum meets the tooth. Your gums may become so swollen, however, that they begin to hide parts of your teeth. Swollen gums appear red instead of their normal pink.Swollen gums, also called gingival swelling, often become irritated, sensitive, and/or painful. You may also notice that your gums bleed more easily when brushing or flossing your teeth. :)

Vote:

Ask a Question