Routine

Hello,

I was hoping someone could please help me. I am writing a book and I want the protagonist to be a Dentist. Said protagonist will be stuck in her ways with a love for routine.
I was wondering if someone could please tell me what the first thing a Dentist does when they see a patient? Is there a list you mentally check off when you first look at a patients teeth? Which teeth do you start with, what do you look for?
Or could someone please direct me to a website where I can read up on this. I know it's not my profession and I want to know as much as I can so I don't make any unnecessary inaccuracies.
At moments of extreme pressure or stress I want the protagonist to refer to this checklist in her mind, like a way of calming herself and going back to basics.
I know this is a bizarre request but I would really appreciate any help I can get!

Thanks in advance.

Ask a Question