Root canal didnt work

A couple of months ago, my lower front tooth cracked, and the top half broke off. I found a dentist, who did a root canal, built the tooth up. Now, the abcess did not totally go away. He is now recommending a “simple” surgery ($2500, after spending $4000 on the root canal and crown).

I thought I sensed he was a very competent dentist, but now I am wondering. I understand the lower front teeth are perhaps weaker than others (?), but I am so disappointed that he is charging me more, instead of correcting the job I already paid for.

I am not looking for a dentist to work for free, but I would like some opinions on this.

Thank you.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Do you perhaps have any x-rays that you could share? It is possible that the abscess was already present for a long time. A chronic abscess has the potential to transform into a cyst. If this was the case, then a root canal by itself would not clear it up. Usually you would need additional surgery such as an apicoectomy.

Vote:

Ask a Question