Red dots above my canine

I have red dots above my canine where there is a bit of recession. I use a Philips Sonicare toothbrush with a pressure sensor, i floss once a day in an up and down C shape around the tooth, and use warm salt rinses. My dentist is unsure what it is and what’s causing it and I’m scared.

6C7E7265-059B-4CEA-A434-B61839019CB7.jpeg

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It looks like you have marginal gingivitis around the canine. My guess would be that the gum tends to bleed in that area, and the red spots is just small areas of coagulated blood. I would suggest trying a disinfectant mouthwash and perhaps a cleaning subgingivally in that area

Vote:
It looks like you have marginal gingivitis around the canine. My guess would be that the gum tends to bleed in that area, and the red spots is just small areas of coagulated blood. I would suggest trying a disinfectant mouthwash and perhaps a cleaning subgingivally in that area
Nope. My gums have never bled and my dentist says they’re in great shape. I floss once a day, brush twice, and use TheraBreath for gums. Also warm saltwater rinse 3 times a week to disinfect. I’m a SEVERE hypochondriac about my teeth. What else could it be?

Vote:
I also got a cleaning done less than 2 months ago and nothing was said. The dentist rules out gingivitis.

Vote:
I have red dots above my canine where there is a bit of recession. I use a Philips Sonicare toothbrush with a pressure sensor, i floss once a day in an up and down C shape around the tooth, and use warm salt rinses. My dentist is unsure what it is and what’s causing it and I’m scared.
Forgot to add I have severe hypochondria surrounding my teeth and have already been seen about this. The stuff the dentist said to do hasnt helped it

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I don't think you need to worry about those spots to be honest. I would just keep an eye on them and note any changes.

Vote:

Ask a Question