Puzzled about tooth numbers (UK)

My dentist has just crowned my back tooth but on the treatment plan it said LL6. (I'm in the UK). How can my very back tooth in my left jaw be No. 6? On the right side of my mouth No. LR6 is second to back. On my upper right the back tooth is No. 8. I haven't, to my knowledge, ever had back teeth extracted and there are no gaps anyway.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
You might have never developed these molars or your dentist made a mistake. LL6 is your first permanent molar on the bottom left. So the first big tooth. If the crown was made on the second molar, your dentist made a mistake.

Vote:
Thank you. I take it then that LL6 is indeed my very back tooth on the left side, so the dentist hasn't made a mistake. On my bottom lower right my very back tooth is LR7.

Vote:
Thanks for replies. My dentist says she has crowned the correct tooth but the tooth number was written wrongly in the paperwork as LL6 when the tooth crowned is indeed LL7. I will accept this and put it to rest.

Vote:

Ask a Question