Partial Denture Nightmare

I would very much like to hear your thoughts on the following situation that I have found myself in. This is the short version: I asked my dentist if she could make me a new partial and she began immediately by taking molds of my teeth (upper and lower) While it was being made, she called me into the office for some additional measurements. On the day of delivery, the partial did not fit. She was so upset because she didn’t know what was going on. She finally came to the conclusion that the lab put a tooth into the partial where I already have a natural tooth in my mouth. She wanted to do an immediate extraction on that tooth. I refused and i still don’t have what i paid for. Love to get your input. Thank you.

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Why would she extract a tooth and not remove the extra tooth on the partial only? Is your natural tooth decayed? You do not extract a tooth if there is nothing wrong with it

Vote:
Why would she extract a tooth and not remove the extra tooth on the partial only? Is your natural tooth decayed? You do not extract a tooth if there is nothing wrong with it
I don’t know why she didn’t suggest removing the tooth from the partial. I wasn’t aware that could be done. My natural tooth is fine as far as I know but what bothers me is how something like this happens when molds are done of my mouth prior to the creation of the partial. I am completely at a loss. The dentist won’t admit error. Nor will she say the lab is responsible of any wrongdoing. But I know for a fact that I didn’t grow a tooth overnight. The story the dentist and her office manager are telling is that I was aware of a tooth needing to be extracted on day of delivery and are claiming they can prove it by my signature. Clearly, I know I never signed anything of the sort so I asked her to send me a copy of such document. When I reviewed it, I was appalled at the unprofessional behavior of Dr. X. I am attaching a copy of what they say is proof of my knowledge of extraction on day of delivery. Apparently, they think I’m an idiot because they thought the insertion of details in the form of “handwritten“ words, that were obviously entered after my captured signature, which is just as questionable because i wasn’t required to date it, that’s odd.

Attachments

• 943BBB5B-4F8F-4C64-B40C-D036AF431742.jpeg
    943BBB5B-4F8F-4C64-B40C-D036AF431742.jpeg
    231 KB · Views: 7

Vote:
They have $400.00 of mine, which I paid them on February 22, 2023. I was supposed to pay the remainder of $400.00 on the day of delivery which never happened because of scenario foretold above. It’s been a year, and I am still without what I paid for. I have lost all confidence in that dentist to be able to make me a proper device. I don’t think it’s unreasonable for me to ask for a refund so I can go get what I need. I’ve asked them several times to return my money but they refuse.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
I would also suggest asking for a refund. If proper consent was not obtained, and if they want to extract a healthy tooth, I would not trust them with the treatment going forward. It is completely possible that she sent the wrong tooth numbers to the lab. Ask for all your records as well as x-rays and obtain a second opinion from another dentist.

Vote:

Ask a Question