Normal tongue features or not?

aqz

Solutions
I have no pain, is this normal i feel as though my left side back of tongue is more prominent then the right side. Just under the papillaes at back under tongue its slighty raised in arrowed bit. But nothing is visable just can feel it with finger but on right side it is not same. Do back foilate papilles look normal. Should i be concerened? And is meant to to be the same on both sides or will there be a difference. I just dont know if this is normal for myself? To the eye my left side looks more prominent. Please help?
Thanks

Attachments

• 20240206_001431.jpg
    20240206_001431.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240206_001500.jpg
    20240206_001500.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 6

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The papillae is slightly more prominent, but it is nothing to be concerned about. Slight differences exist between left and right. It is not exactly symmetrical

Vote:

aqz

Solutions
The papillae is slightly more prominent, but it is nothing to be concerned about. Slight differences exist between left and right. It is not exactly symmetrical
Ok thanks for reply appreciate it. What about the slightly raised area that i can feel that i have marked with arrow? Will a dentist be able to check this? I am very stressed about this now.

Vote:

Dr M

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Might just be a lymph node. Lymph nodes sometimes feel swollen or in your case, raised, if you are sick or beginning to get sick. I would still advise only observing for now. No need to panic as yet.

Vote:

aqz

Solutions
The tongue has lymph nodes? I thought lymph nodes are in neck chin etc never heard of them being directly on the tongue? This is quite interesting ive always had a more prominent left side of that area with no pain or symptoms. Could it be normal?

Vote:

aqz

Solutions
Thank you for your replies i will just leave it and not think about it too much as im sure when you start searching you will find all sorts. And it doesnt help if there no symptoms leave it be i guess.

Vote:

Ask a Question