Non metal wing options for bridge?

I originally had a bridge that had metal wings. The last 5 years or so I was having various health issues that I eventually learned were related to the metal dental work in my head making me hypersensitive to EMF (electromagnetic frequencies, wifi, cell towers, etc...)

The original bridge was very secure, as it was crowned atop one tooth, bridged over and a metal wing was cemented to the tooth in front of the bridge.

I had the bridge removed and a dentist installed an all ceramic cantilever bridge which failed within a year.

Is it possible to have my current cantilever mounted back on the tooth, but with a non-metalic wing securing the bridge to the tooth in front of it?
thanks in advance

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Since I'm not a dental crown technician, I cannot fully answer your question. Usually, I would call them and discuss details. My guess is the technician may need to use some metal as a framework for ceramics but the modification may not be as secure or strong. By the way, I'm not a fan of cantilevers, and winged bridges although you mentioned your last one performed and lasted. They can be a choking hazard.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
The metal used in your mouth does not interact with EMF etc, and now you have found out some of the limitations of ceramic wings. If you worry about metal within you body, then you better hope you never need joint replacements, spinal plating, pacemakers, defibrillators, etc.

Vote:

Ask a Question