New crowns have caused pain for over a year now

new-crowns.png

I am in need of advice on what should I do...

Over the last two years I had some old silver fillings converted into crowns by my dentist's suggestion. I did not have any pain in my teeth at the time for years. The suggestion came due to the silver was starting to form gaps between their seal in the surface of the tooth. In total I had:
  • Crowns on 32, 31, 1, 2, 3.
  • Root canals on 32, 31 and 3 (after crowns were completed due to lingering pain).
The crowns were done by location in four separate procedures:
  1. 1 and 2.
  2. 31 and 32
  3. 3
  4. And then a replacement for 2 due to heavy bleeding.
In between procedure 2 and 3 I had persistent pain through the day which resulted in 3 root canals. The root canals were in 2, 31 and 32. My endodontist has been fantastic. His work is always smooth, never hurts and he often tells me just how text book perfect my root system is and that its a pleasure to work on. He took xrays of my top and bottom right before leaving to confirm there are no infections in any of the sides remaining teeth.

After procedure 4 I was told that I would need a night guard to protect the new crowns from grinding they suspected was happening due to I'd developed a loud click in my jaw which I experienced through each day and generally one and only one time in the morning. So after insurance said they would cover it I got the night guard which I have wore every night now for 2 months.

Since the work, I have experienced daily pain over the last two years because of this work. I have flossed a large piece of cement out from between 1 and 2 which thankfully relieved a lot of the pressure and sensitivity I was experiencing in 1. The bottom teeth 31 and 32 feel fine in the morning even though my TMJ click is fairly persistent with one clear click at this point. By evening though 31 and 32 are very sore. They feel as if I have chewing gum wrapped around them and are painful to touch in a dull way. They also feel slippery if I try to grind on them with eating or without. Almost like they are too smooth from all the adjustments that were done. And lastly, over the last month with the bite guard I have started to feel as if my bite is changing heavily on that side. My 6 and 7 teeth are definitely further away from my lower row of teeth and very difficult to touch should I try on purpose, but I do feel my lower teeth clashing into my upper teeth on accident at times now too. Which feels really painful and I worry they'll fall out from the new pressure that 6 and 7 seem to be having. I have even started chewing more on the left trying to relieve the issues, but with no luck.

What should I do?

I have a meeting scheduled with my dentist this week to discuss new ideas as I've lost a lot of faith that they can complete this work and that I will likely need all new crowns and bite guard... I'm assuming they will not re-imburse me for the thousands I spent on the work no matter how poorly the result ended up. I'm tired of being in pain. I would like to be able to chew on lettuce without feeling discomfort. Please help me find a way to fix this!

Thank you in advance.

Ask a Question