New crown question

Solutions
I just had a root canal/crown put in next to an old crown (#2 new & #3 old.) I seem to have the feeling you get when foil touches your fillings. It's between the two teeth. Can there be some sort of a metal reaction between the two? The old crown is pretty old. Idk what they used on that. I was told the #2 new crown is titanium.

Solutions
Sometimes crowns that are a little too tall for your bite cause weird sensations like that. I would let the dentist know now you are having this problem rather than keep waiting. A month is a reasonable amount of time, so I think you should look into it more.
Thanks so much!

Vote:

Zuri Barniv

Verified Dentist
Sometimes crowns that are a little too tall for your bite cause weird sensations like that. I would let the dentist know now you are having this problem rather than keep waiting. A month is a reasonable amount of time, so I think you should look into it more.

Vote:

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
What you're describing is the galvanizing effect between 2 different metals. Usually modern crowns minimizes this effect. The new crown is probably zirconia and not Titanium. Titanium is used as dental implants and not crowns.

Vote:
Solutions
What you're describing is the galvanizing effect between 2 different metals. Usually modern crowns minimizes this effect. The new crown is probably zirconia and not Titanium. Titanium is used as dental implants and not crowns.

That's it, my mistake. Do you think the old crown needs to be replaced?

Vote:
Solutions
This sensation would never be caused by a high bite.

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
You could make a lot more money diagnosing dental problems over the internet than me with 20 years of experience. Good luck with that!
Welcome to the wonderful interactions you can have with BusyBee! (strong sarcasm). I haven't been on this forum for a few years, and I'm surprised she's still giving out such advice.
40+ years experience here, now Senior Lecturer at university.

Vote:

Ask a Question