New approach in endodontics

Hello,

I have a question related to endodontics, more precisely it is about a non vital tooth. When the pulp is inflamed or infected, there is a need to clean that space and remove the nerves inside the tooth, which become non vital, dead, but it is able to function as it normally does.

So, my question is the following: Do you have an insight about possibility or research in using stem cells to cultivate a new pulp tissue in vitro or in a different way and then implement that into a non vital tooth of an adult so it could regenerate naturally and after that the tooth become vital, as it was. I know that is a more philosophical and complex question, but is there any chance in the near future to be that doable?

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
Can't see that happening in my lifetime. The first hurdle would be trying to develop a satisfactory blood supply through the tiny apex of an adult tooth.

Vote:

Ask a Question