Knocked tooth discoloration

I knocked my teeth about a month ago when I fell over and it was sore for a few days but felt like it healed itself, and now it’s only just started to discolour I went to the dentist yesterday and she recommended I wait a month and if it gets worse (like more discoloured) then she’ll do a root canal or extraction my tooth is still alive and well - possibly changing colour from bruising/blood clot. Is there any other temporary solutions that will make my tooth white again?

I knocked my teeth about a month ago when I fell over and it was sore for a few days but felt like it healed itself, and now it’s only just started to discolour I went to the dentist yesterday and she recommended I wait a month and if it gets worse (like more discoloured) then she’ll do a root canal or extraction my tooth is still alive and well - possibly changing colour from bruising/blood clot. Is there any other temporary solutions that will make my tooth white again?

Vote:

MattKW

Verified Dentist
Solutions
You wait. She will probably take Xray and pulp tests to see how it goes. Sometimes the darkness is from bruising and will clear up over a few weeks.

Vote:
Thank you so much for your reply. I've had an x-ray and my dentist said it just looks swollen. I'm just so concerned regarding the grey. So it is possible it could just be temporary and could return back to its original colour?

Vote:

Ask a Question