Knocked tooth discoloration

Discussion in 'Patient Forum' started by Kateossssss, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Kateossssss

Kateossssss

I knocked my teeth about a month ago when I fell over and it was sore for a few days but felt like it healed itself, and now it’s only just started to discolour I went to the dentist yesterday and she recommended I wait a month and if it gets worse (like more discoloured) then she’ll do a root canal or extraction my tooth is still alive and well - possibly changing colour from bruising/blood clot. Is there any other temporary solutions that will make my tooth white again?

Kateossssss, Jan 3, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Kateossssss

suze1983

suze1983, Feb 17, 2019
    1. Advertisements

3. Kateossssss

suze1983

Hello

I have a very similar situation to you. Did your tooth ever return back to its natural colour?

suze1983, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Kateossssss

MattKW Verified Dentist

You wait. She will probably take Xray and pulp tests to see how it goes. Sometimes the darkness is from bruising and will clear up over a few weeks.

MattKW, Feb 17, 2019
  5. Kateossssss

suze1983

Thank you so much for your reply. I've had an x-ray and my dentist said it just looks swollen. I'm just so concerned regarding the grey. So it is possible it could just be temporary and could return back to its original colour?

suze1983, Feb 17, 2019
  6. Kateossssss

MattKW Verified Dentist

Here's some Guidelines - see page 9. You either have concussion or subluxation. At this early stage there is no treatment necessary except to watch and test.

MattKW, Feb 17, 2019
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question