Is this infected?

Wondering if this is infected or not. Had this tooth extracted on the 28th and it is now the 2nd. The tooth was extracted from the left side of my mouth and my cheek on that side has been swollen ever since the 29th. Swelling hasn't gone down much so far. The swelling makes it very hard for me to open my mouth all the way. My mouth is hurting but it does not feel like the pain is coming from the extraction site. It feels like it is coming from the upper part of my cheek.

IMG_1700.jpg IMG_1701.jpg IMG_1702.jpeg

sorry for such horrible images. i'm not able to open my mouth wider due to the swelling.

When they pulled the tooth out they had also pulled a glob of infection out. I have added a photo of the tooth post extraction. Under the tooth in said photo you can see the glob that the dentist deemed the infection.
IMG_1392.jpeg

thank you in advanced for the help.

honestdoc

Verified Dentist
Solutions
It's hard to tell. Does your face look asymmetric (one side more swollen than the other)? Do you have a fever? If you don't notice improvement, get followup.

Vote:

Ask a Question