Is this herpes/hpv?

Please let me know what you think! I've been getting really anxious and stressed out in general lately. I have an appt with a dentist on Monday but I've been waiting all this week getting more and more anxious. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 40A80B14-2821-4D8C-B20D-AF04BCC66B25.jpeg
    40A80B14-2821-4D8C-B20D-AF04BCC66B25.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 392
Solutions
I can't see anything, but it's nothing to get so anxious about. A large percentage of the population have the cold sore virus and HPV is also widespread. Usually it's latent and like shingles, comes out under times of great stress. Only a tiny fraction of this cohort ever has any complications from it. HPV can cause cancer but again it's only a tiny percentage of those affected who end up sick. You should just get yourself tested for HPV. If it's herpes then you'd have some pain. As far as I know HPV is painless. If you get a negative result then there is a vaccination for HPV. If you're worried bet vaccinated. If you have a positive result don't worry, so do many others.

Vote:
Thank you so much for your response! It is painless. I got tested for everything at my gyno and I'm waiting for the results. She also said everything looked normal. What kind of test am I looking for if I want to get tested orally for HPV?

Vote:
Solutions
HPV is usually tested on the cervix or anus. I am not sure they have a test that's approved for the mouth and throat, but I'm not sure why it would be hugely different given it's a mucous membrane. There is a vaccination which you can always have if you are worried. Because of the high prevalence of the virus, they usually give it to teens who have not yet been sexually active.

Vote:
HPV is usually tested on the cervix or anus. I am not sure they have a test that's approved for the mouth and throat, but I'm not sure why it would be hugely different given it's a mucous membrane. There is a vaccination which you can always have if you are worried. Because of the high prevalence of the virus, they usually give it to teens who have not yet been sexually active.
Thanks a lot, you've been really helpful!

Vote:
Solutions
No probs, but you know I am sure it will be nothing at all to worry about. These things come and go and it's extremely rare to have anything serious.

Vote:

Ask a Question