hospital neglect??

Hi im 38 female live in uk. For last few years Ive had a reoccuring lump on my palete. 6 month ago i went to my GP and he referred me to Maxillo Oral Surgeon who after taking x ray, he said i had 2 other cysts in my gums and would need them all removed along with 16 teeth. A date was set and my dentist made me a set of Dentures in advance as i was worried about losin so many teeth.
So on the day of the surgery, i was met by a new surgeon who i had never met. The op went ahead and i woke up with my dentures full of blood but not fitted. The surgeon checked his work and told me wait few days before inserting dentures.
For the next 2weeks i tried n tried but could not insert them.
So i went to my dentst who was shocked that the hospital did not fit them in during surgery. Anyway the dentist also realised that the surgeon left a back tooth in which rendered my dentures useless. And now i have to wait few months for my gums to heal before he can take next moulds for permanent Dentures.
Even though the surgeon had my dentures during the op, why would he leave a back tooth in knowing i wont fit be able to fit dentures in? They knew i was worried about losing my teeth. This was done on nhs. Is this hospital neglect?

hi , if i was u i would try being referred again, but i would choose the hospital rather than ur gp or whoever choose for u. u are allowed to choose where u want to be treated , its ur right, dont let anyone tell u different, ur gp may say that they cant refer u, but thats not true, they say that to save costs, anyways i would go to different hospital, u should look at nhs choice website..

Vote:

Ask a Question