Hole in my tooth

Hello, I'm new here. Two days ago, I noticed that I had a hole in my tooth and I believe it's some sort of tooth decay/cavity and I'm really concerned about this right now. I asked my mom and sister if they can notice it but they can't see anything at all, even the hole. My sister thinks all of my teeth are fine, but my mom thinks I need braces for my teeth, because they are not straightened well. I am trying to tell my sister to make a dentist appointment, but she's too busy with work all day tomorrow, plus my mom can't speak English very well, while I'm only a minor and I heard that I can't make appointments by myself until I'm 18. We also have financial issues and it's going to be tough for us. Here are the pictures of the tooth. The first picture was taken just now and the second picture was taken 2 days ago.

Attachments

• 20171227_192108-1.jpg
    20171227_192108-1.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 578
  • Screenshot_2017-12-25-17-14-28.png
    Screenshot_2017-12-25-17-14-28.png
    336.5 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:
Looks more like a chip and not so much tooth decay but I would get still get a professional opinion from a local dentist.
It looks fairly small so I wouldn't stress it too much. If its decay they can probably just do a fill, if its a chip they can do bonding or inlay/onlay restoration.
As far as scheduling an appointment, as long as your parents agree to take you then I would just call the dentist office and schedule an appointment (just tell them youre scheduling for your sister). I wouldn't delay it too much though because it may just be a small problem but it can definitely turn into something bigger over time. Goodluck!

Vote:

Ask a Question